For a smooth, modest hook and one which is simple to control, set-up the approach with your hand holding the ball not flatly underneath the ball and not fully on the side of the ball as if you were going to shake hands with any person, but rather in between the two positions.
If you were to permit your hand to maintain this position via the full swing cycle and into the release area, you would rotate the ball’s axis, perhaps just 15-20 degrees, and the outcome will be a controllable hook on the back end of the lane.
You can also grip the ball in a full handshake position or on the side of the ball and maintain the position via the swing and release to get a similar outcome.
Still, the danger is that you may “over-turn” your hand and blowing elbow while releasing the ball as to have your hand pass over the top of the ball and your palm of your blowing hand face the floor.
That kind of release will definitely cause inconsistencies and outcome in a bad direction towards the target and an unsuccessful roll.
By all means, keep your bowling hand positioned between the flat and handshake, palm up positions all through the swing cycle, and the release with your elbow directly behind the hand entering the release area.
- 1 Ball Release | USBC Bowling Academy
- 2 Storm Phaze III 15lb
- 3 Storm Parallax Bowling Ball 15lbs, Multi
- 4 KR Clear Red Rose Bowling Ball- 14lbs
- 5 Brunswick Tzone Frozen Bliss Pink/Blu/Wht 6lb
- 6 Hammer Black Widow Pink 15lb
- 7 Columbia 300 White Dot Scarlet Bowling Ball (14)
- 8 Radical Bowling Intel Pearl Ball, 16
- 9 Storm Hy Road x Bowling Ball Midnight Black Solid, 14
- 10 Hammer Black Widow 2.0 Bowling Ball- Black/Red 15lbs
Ball Release | USBC Bowling Academy
You will get a perfect and moderate hook on the bowling ball.
It is easy to get a sharper and more powerful hooking motion on your ball by setting-up on the approach with your hand under the ball with the palm of your hand facing toward the ceiling.
This kind of hand position is generally as “behind the ball” positioning as your hand gets the critical release area with your hand, maintaining the “behind the ball” positioning on the forward swing.
Storm Phaze III 15lb
1 used from $129.01
- A never-before-seen cover and core combination of R3S Hybrid and the Velocity Core shines above all else. It reveres its past but is imminently future-forward. When the corners get tough, R3S gets tougher.
- Coverstock: R3S Hybrid Reactive
- Weight Block: Velocity Core
- Fragrance: Grapevine
Storm Parallax Bowling Ball 15lbs, Multi
- Core: Aeroflo Core
- Coverstock: TractionX7 Hybrid Reactive
- Finish: 1500-grit Polished
- Fragrance: Funnel Cake
KR Clear Red Rose Bowling Ball- 14lbs
- Color: Clear with Red Rose
- Ball Featuring: Red Rose
- Coverstock: Polyester
- Small air bubbles in the ball are normal according to KR
Brunswick Tzone Frozen Bliss Pink/Blu/Wht 6lb
- This Bowling Ball Ships Undrilled With No Holes Unless You Add Drilling Services, It's Always Good To Have A Spare, And With T-Zones Being So Affordable, You Can!
- Just Pick Your Favorite Color, Or Two, Or Three! Great Ball For Kids, Beginners And Spare Shooting Cover Stock: Plastic/Polyester Ball
- Color: Many Colors Available- Product Color Of This Ball Is Listed In The Title Of This Ball Ball Finish: High Gloss Polish Hook Potential: 25 (Low) On A Scale Of 10-175 Low-High
- Recommended Lane Conditions: Any
Hammer Black Widow Pink 15lb
- Country Of Origin : United States
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 10 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 13 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 10 Inches
Columbia 300 White Dot Scarlet Bowling Ball (14)
- Available in 6lb, 8lb thru 15lb
- Used for Light Oil Lane Conditions; Reaction is Straight
- Pancake Core with Polyester Coverstock
- Finish is 800/800/1000/2000 Abralon, Polished w/Powerhouse Factory Finish Polish
- USBC Approved
Radical Bowling Intel Pearl Ball, 16
- The intel Pearl compliments the most intelligent performing reliable price point ball in the Radical line up
- We've given the intel a bit more length and a bit more pop so you can stay intel-igent longer
- With the new Pearl black and Pearl blue ai 27 cover we have juiced up the performance to create more down lane reaction
Storm Hy Road x Bowling Ball Midnight Black Solid, 14
- Finished at 1500 Grit and Polished
- Features the R2X solid reactive Cover stock
- Recommended for medium to light oil conditions
- Country of Origin:United States
Hammer Black Widow 2.0 Bowling Ball- Black/Red 15lbs
- It's back, and it's beautiful
- The original black and red colors pay homage to one of the most successful balls of all-time, as we bring back the original reaction shape, updated for today's conditions
- The Black Widow 2.0 is precisely what you want from a Black Widow, enough traction on medium to heavy oil and a big sweeping continuous ball motion that creates a lot of angle and high scores